Suspension Systems & Rice Tire
Suspension systems are what connect your car’s body to the wheels of your car. This system is a complex system that ensures your wheels stay connected to the ground as well. It is responsible for the handling and quality of the ride. It is the tires, air, shocks and all the linkages that are used to maintain a quality ride. The suspension system of all vehicles takes a bit of a beating. It is what absorbs all the roads imperfections to give you that nice smooth ride. However, these parts are moving parts and they do wear out over time. When this happens give us a call and we’ll be happy to take a look for you. We are right here in (city) ready to help.
Rice Tire is #1 place to go if you need tire or wheel needs, automobile maintenance, and repairs in the mid-Atlantic region. We have 11 locations throughout Washington DC, Baltimore, Maryland, and Virginia. We are in, or near your neighborhood making us your best local tire shop. Give us a call, we are happy to schedule an appointment to check your suspension system.
How can I tell if I need to have my suspension checked?
There are some tall tail signs that the suspension is having issues. These signs are:
- The car is pulling to one side or the other
- You can feel each and every bump in the road that you’re on
- There is a sagging corner to the car. One corner is lower than the rest.
- The car is rolling, diving or leaning.
- It is hard to steer the car.
Have your Car Checked
In many instances, suspension and sterring issues can mimic wheel alignment issues. Check our Wheel Alignment Overview for more detail but some things to consider are these:
- Does your vehicle pull to one side? When driving down a flat, even road, does your vehicle pull to one side? We don’t mean that your car should drive straight with your hands off the wheel. There will be some slight pull due to the design of most roads. Roads have a degree of crowning to help with drainage, so you would get some pull from that. Your vehicle should still drive straight with minimal effort, with your hands on the wheel. If it is pulling to one side or the other, it is time to have your alignment checked.
- Is your steering wheel centered? Is the emblem on the steering wheel level? When you are driving down a level road, your steering wheel should be nearly perfectly straight. If you notice that your steering wheel is off more than a few degrees, it’s time for a check.
Rice Tire is here to help answer any questions and to schedule any service. We are your full-service stop for tires, tire rotations, suspension and steering, and wheel alignments. Our technicians are trained to look for potential problems and have the experience to fix them. Rice Tire has 11 locations throughout the mid-Atlantic area. We are in your neighborhood. We are in your city.
Rice Tire for your oil change needs, and more……
Not only is Rice Tire the largest tire dealer in the area, but we also offer vehicle maintenance services to help keep your vehicle in top running shape. We have been servicing our client’s vehicles for more than 60 years. We pride ourselves on the relationships we have built over the years. Making us your go-to local tire shop for all your vehicle needs.