Preventative Automobile Maintenance by Rice Tire
One of the easiest steps in maintaining your car’s life span is through regular preventative maintenance. When you have your car serviced regularly, you reduce the risk of small problems becoming big problems. You will be maintaining the working parts of your vehicle, so they perform at maximum capacity. You also will notice when issues start to pop up. Small issues are much easier and less costly than big issues.
Rice Tire is the #1 place for all of your car’s preventative maintenance. We have been servicing vehicles for more than 60 years in the mid-Atlantic region with 11 different locations to serve you. Give us a call to schedule an appointment today.
Here are a few of the most important preventative maintenance items that are required to insure your car continues to run smoothly:
- Getting your oil changed per manufacturer recommendations. Good oil is vital to your engine’s performance. Over time your vehicle’s oil will break down. It will pick up grit and grime from the environment and the engine itself. As your oil breaks down, so does its ability to protect your car’s engine. It is also important that your oil levels do not get too low.
- Checking the fluid levels: Not only should you be checking your oil levels, but it is equally important to check your brake fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant. Failing to maintain these fluid levels can lead to engine failure.
- Tire Pressure: Correct tire pressure will help your tires last longer. Incorrect pressure can cause your tires to wear unevenly, wear prematurely, and could even cause blowouts. So, not only is it important in making your tires last longer, but it is also important for safety.
- Clean Air Filter: A dirty air filter can reduce your vehicle’s gas mileage as well as shorten the life of your engine.
- Service your Transmission: Your car’s manual will tell you exactly when you should have the transmission serviced. Typical service will include changing the filter and a fluid flush. Think of the transmission fluid as being as important to the transmission as oil is for the car’s engine. Transmission fluid keeps the working parts of the transmission lubricated and keeps the transmission for overheating.
Rice Tire is #1 place to go for your tire or wheel needs, automobile maintenance, and repairs in the mid-Atlantic region. We have 11 locations throughout Washington DC, Baltimore, Maryland, and Virginia. We are in, or near your neighborhood making us your best local tire shop. Give us a call, we are happy to schedule an appointment to check your vehicle and get you safely back on the road as soon as possible.
Find a Store Near You!
Areas Served : Maryland | Virginia | Washington, DC | and surrounding areas